Lydia Postpil 1 Tablet – (Emergency Contraceptive Pill)
This product requires a prescription and is sold under pharmacist supervision. After you place an order for this product Kasha will contact you to receive a photo of your prescription. We will deliver your order once pharmacist verification has been completed.
Lydia Postpil Contraceptive Pill is widely used as the go-to solution whenever one is looking for an emergency contraceptive. This emergency pill (e-Pill) or the morning after pill is commonly used by women as a precautionary method against unwanted pregnancies in the possible event of unprotected sex.
- Over the counter medicine.
- Emergency contraceptive to prevent unwanted pregnancy within 72 hours of unprotected sex or the failure of the usual contraceptive method.
- One tablet per pack.
- Free pick-up at a Kasha Location
- Priority (within 1-2 hours): Ksh 300
- Today (within 3-8 hours): Ksh 200
- Tomorrow: Ksh 100
- Free delivery on all orders over Ksh 4500
"It's time to care for you"
The Lydia Post Pil is not used as a daily contraceptive pill and should be used once in a while as it might pose a challenge if used regularly. This post highlights everything you need to know about the pill.
- Regimen: 1 tablet contains Levonorgestrel BP 1.5 mg
- Type of drug: Levonorgestrel
Content in package:-
1 blister with a single pill
For prevention of pregnancy following unprotected intercourse or if you were forced into having sex (rape), or after a known or suspected contraceptive failure such as: when a condom breaks, or when you missed taking your regular contraceptive pills or injections or you did not abstain from sex during your fertile period etc. Lydia Postpil can be used by women of all reproductive ages including adolescents.
How Effective is Lydia Postpil Contraceptive Pill
- It’s effectiveness is up to 90% if used at the right time and according to the dosage.
- It helps prevent pregnancy by slowing down the ovulation process.
- This postpill is most effective when used within 24hrs after having unprotected intercourse.
- You may be at risk of pregnancy if you have sex again after taking the Postpil since there is a high chance of active sperms lingering in the Fallopian tube just waiting to speed in action once they sense the release of an egg. It is advisable to use other forms of contraception like condoms after you have taken the Lydia post pill.
This pill does not provide any protection against sexually transmitted infections and diseases, so you may still need to use a condom as well.
For more information, read the leaflet.