Postinor- 2 Tablets (Emergency Contraceptive Pill)
- Emergency contraceptive only.
- Not intended as a regular method of contraception.
- It contains two tablets to be taken within 72 hours to prevent pregnancy.
- Free pick-up at a Kasha Location
- Priority (within 1-2 hours): Ksh 300
- Today (within 3-8 hours): Ksh 200
- Tomorrow: Ksh 100
- Free delivery on all orders over Ksh 4500
"It's time to care for you"
This product requires a prescription and is sold under pharmacist supervision. After you place an order for this product Kasha will contact you to receive a photo of your prescription. We will deliver your order once pharmacist verification has been completed.
Postinor-2, commonly known as the morning after pill, is used only as an emergency contraceptive. It reduces the risk of pregnancy by 95% if taken within 24 hours of having unprotected sex and 58% if taken within 48 to 72 hours. It is not used as a regular, long-term method of contraception.
This is a levonorgestrel based emergency contraceptive.
How Effective is a Postinor-2 Contraceptive Pill
- Postinor-2 has an 85% chance of preventing pregnancy.
- If taken within 24 hours, there is a 95% chance of preventing pregnancy.
- If taken after 48-72 hours, there is a 58% chance. It is not known whether it is effective if taken more than 72 hours after unprotected intercourse.
- It can be taken up to 5 days after unprotected sex.
- It’s more effective than levonorgestrel ECPs. The third type of emergency contraceptive pill uses both the hormones progestin and estrogen.
No method of contraception including this pill can’t give you 100% protection against pregnancy, HIV or sexually transmitted infections and diseases, so you may still need to use a condom as well.
For more information, read the leaflet.