Ruby Menstrual Cup Medium
- Free pick-up at a Kasha Location
- Priority (within 1-2 hours): Ksh 300
- Today (within 3-8 hours): Ksh 200
- Tomorrow: Free!
Free next day delivery in April
- High-quality medical-grade silicone
- Secure 12 hours protection
- Reusable for up to 10 years
- Comes with a small, 100% cotton bag for storage
- One medium menstrual cup
- For medium to heavy flow
Cup length: 51 mm, stem length: 17 mm, total length: 68 mm, diameter: 45 mm, the capacity to the rim: 34 ml, the capacity to the holes: 24 ml
Over a lifetime, each woman uses up to 12,000 disposable protection products to deal with her periods. Tally the numbers and you will quickly realize that the economic toll is pretty significant, the tonnes of waste racks up, and then there is the convenience issue with getting and using the supplies. The Ruby Menstrual cup is a simple one-stop solution to all of these problems.
Ruby Cup is a healthier, more sustainable, cost-effective and eco-friendly alternative to pads and tampons. The menstrual cup is made from Medical Grade Silicone, with no harmful chemicals, absorbency gels, additives, or perfumes. As a result, there are no side effects and the product significantly reduces the risk of Toxic Shock Syndrome.
The ultimate in menstrual health convenience, Ruby Cups can be worn for up 12 hours before they need emptying, plus they are reusable for up to 10 years, making them significantly cost-effective, as, over lifetime usage, their cumulative cost is at least 95% less than what you require for pads over the same duration.
That’s not all! Thanks to the Ruby ‘Buy One, Give One’ programme, for every cup you buy, the company donates one to a girl or woman in impoverished regions without access to menstrual care products
How to use
- With washed hands, collapse the cup and fold it into a C shape for easy insertion
- gently insert the folded cup into your vagina, tilting it back to the base of your spine (The cup should sit as low as it can comfortably sit inside your vagina, normally lower than a tampon but with the stem fully inside.)
- Once inside, the cup will pop open to create a light suction to prevent leaks. Check with a finger to be sure it is fully unfolded (twist or rotate the cup if necessary.)
- Leave in and use for up to 12 hours
- To remove, gently pull the stem of the cup downwards until you can reach and grip the base of the cup. Pinch the base to release the suction and take it out gently.
- Once you have removed your cup, empty it into the toilet, and rinse it with water. You can re-insert the cup whenever you are ready to go
Check out this video if you prefer a visual guide.